Relationships are central in our identity as disciples of Jesus Christ. These come in two areas of our lives and are taken from Jesus’ own command to ‘Love the Lord Your God and love your neighbour as yourself’ (Luke 10:27). Having a relationship with God through Jesus is what underpins our relationships with one another and from where we build relationships with people groups from across the community and our values are based on this in the following way…
- We seek to develop a personal relationship with God as Father, through Jesus Christ His Son, empowered by His Holy Spirit. In this relationship we grow and mature as disciples.
- We believe in the authority of Scripture as the Word of God revealed to us in the person, work and teaching of Jesus Christ. It is His Word that transforms our lives, giving us guidance and direction, purpose and meaning – Our identity in who we are.
- We seek to be guided by the Holy Spirit in our mission, to be evangelistic in our approach and Kingdom centred in our initiatives. We want God to be at the centre of everything we do and to share with others.
- We seek to be a friendly, welcoming and caring church, where people can come and feel relaxed; a place of belonging.
- We seek to develop our prayer life and engage with God in a culturally appropriate and meaningful way. We encourage intimacy and encounter through corporate worship, Small Group fellowship and personal devotion.
- We seek to create opportunities for each person to feel part of the church, participating and contributing through a wide range of ministries. We encourage everyone to discover and use their gifts and talents.
- We seek to create opportunities for people to grow in faith by providing Bible-based teaching and training that is relevant and thoughtful, equipping members for everyday life.